- 1 cup Principato di Lucedio Arborio Rice
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, chopped into bite-sized pieces to match the size of the halved cherry tomatoes
- 10–12 large basil leaves, torn by hand into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup olive oil
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
To pre-cook the rice: Bring salted water to a boil. Add rice to the boiling water, and cook until al dente, approximately 12 minutes. Drain rice, and spread lightly with your fingers on a baking sheet to cool (this helps it retain its al dente texture). Allow to cool. Patti's Note : feel free to add diced salami or baby peas, zucchini-endless possiblities
To prepare the dish: In a large bowl combine cooked rice, mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil leaves. Pour olive oil over the mixture and stir to distribute evenly. Stir in cracked pepper and salt to taste.