Mini panzerotti with Coppa - New recipe!
Ingredients for 4 serves:
17 oz of ready pizza dough
3.5 oz of tomato sauce
5.3 oz of scamorza
3 oz of Coppa Italiana
Salt and pepper
Peanut oil for frying
- Start by preparing the filling of panzerotti – in a bowl, mix the tomato sauce with a little oil, salt, pepper, parmesan, and oregano.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface with a rolling pin to get a 0.08 – 0.12in thick dough.
Divide the dough into several smaller balls, roll out each ball into the shape of a small pizza and spread the prepared sauce on them.
- Dice the mozzarella and cut the Coppa into julienne strips and place them in the centre of the small pizzas.
- To seal the panzerotti, fold and press each dough into half-moon shapes. If necessary, brush the edges of panzerotti with a little water to seal the dough.
- Fry the mini panzerotti in 175°F peanut oil and brown them on both sides. Strain and place them on kitchen paper.
- Serve immediately.