Wine Pairing & Recipes
PERLE DI BALSAMICO, Balsamic Cavir
The Leonardi family has always been at the forefront of balsamic vinegar in Modena. Their vast assortment of vinegars and related products evolve year after year, offering boundless sources of creativity for modern chefs around the world.
Now, with the development of this precious balsamic “caviar,â€? the famiglia Leonardi is helping move molecular gastronomy out of restaurants and into home kitchens. Using a gelling agent and cold oil, balsamic glaze is transformed into small spheres with liquid heart. The pearls are then packed into 50-gram glass jars, sealed and pasteurized.
A teaspoon of Balsamic Pearls adds a burst of acidic sweetness to any dish. Amuse your guests with a scattering over deviled eggs, carpaccio and crudo, or pizza Margherita.
1.76 oz / 50g No refrigeration needed
- Add a chic touch of color and texture to a grilled pork roast, filet mignon or lamb chops
- For the artistic mixologist, the pearls make a perfect addition to a Bloody Mary Martini (recipe from Rachael Ray in the "Wine Pairing & Recipes" tab)
- Use as topping for fresh mozzarella in a caprese salad
balsamic glaze, concentrated grape must, balsamic vinegar of Modena (wine vinegar, concentrated grape must), modified starch, water, thickner: cellulose gum, gelling agents calcium chloride, sodium alginate. Contains sulphites
- Olive brine, from the bottom of the jar
- 1 ounce tomato juice
- 3 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce dry vermouth
- 2 dashes hot pepper, bitters (John uses Scrappy's Firewater)
- To the bottom of the olive jar, add tomato juice, vodka, vermouth, bitters and some ice. Stir and strain into chilled martini glass.
Serve garnished with an olive (pimento-stuffed olives would work well). Top with a generous sprinkle of our Balsamic Pearls.
- Product Code: