- 1 cup Lucedio Arborio Rice
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, chopped into bite-sized pieces to match the size of the halved cherry tomatoes
- 10–12 large basil leaves, torn by hand into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup olive oil
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-cook the rice: Bring salted water to a boil. Add rice to the boiling water, and cook until al dente, approximately 12 minutes. Drain rice, and spread lightly with your fingers on a baking sheet to cool (this helps it retain its al dente texture). Allow to cool.
- Prepare the dish: In a large bowl combine cooked rice, mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil leaves. Pour olive oil over the mixture and stir to distribute evenly. Stir in cracked pepper and salt to taste. Patti's Note : feel free to add diced salami or baby peas, zucchini -- endless possibilities.