PASTA FAGIOLI ( Fazool)
1 lb Cooked Tubetti Pasta ( cooked & cooled)
1 lb dried Canellini or Borolotti Beans (cooked ahead)- you can use can if you're in a hurry
1/4 cup olive oil
couple cloves chopped garlic
4-5 oz of pancetta or any dry cured Italian dry sausage
1 medium onion -chopped
2 cups of passata
Grated Grana Padano, pecorino or even parmigiana!- you choose your favorite
salt & pepper to taste (I like lots of black pepper)
- Add oil to pan on med-low and when heated add onion, some chopped garlic and the meat if you choose to have meat. Sauté until soften and onions tender but not browned.
- Meanwhile cook pasta as per directions and drain and cool and set aside once cooked.
- Add passata and cooked beans of your choice to the onion mixture, stir and let simmer low for a few minutes to blend flavor.
- Once ready to serve add tubetti to bowl or just the portion you'll be eating that day ( If you add too much , too early it will get soggy and absorb all the broth.
- Serve in bowl with heavy serving of grated cheese and a nice chunk of Italian bread.