Traditional this Maritati pasta dish is made with cacioriccota but at Fortuna's we are always looking for new ways to incorporate our best selling products, so.... we grated caciocavallo from Sicily, a nice dry cheese and it was delicious!!
- 1 lb cooked Maritati Pasta
- A jar of Fortuna's Marinara (or your own)
- 1/2 lb grated Cacciocavallo
- Olive Oil
- 1 clove of chopped garlic
- Hot or Sweet Calabrian Pepper (optional)
- Salt for pasta, chopped basil for topping
- Pasta water- save 1/2 cup
Cook Maritati as directions , drain saving 1/2 cup of the pasta water for later
In sauce pan add a few tbls of good olive oil, chopped garlic "slightly" brown add sauce and pepper flakes
Very low heat - Add cooked & drained pasta to sauce and toss with most of the grated cheese (saving some for topping) add pasta water and continue to stir to make a silky sauce- let sit for about 5 minutes off the heat.
Serve with more grated cheese on top and chopped basil