- 1 lb of Calamarata or Paccheri pasta
- Pint of fresh cherry tomatoes or 1 can Mutti Cherry tomatoes (drained)
- Pinch to your taste of red pepper flakes
- Parsley & Basil - tablespoon of each - tear into small pieces - fresh is best
- 4 cloves garlic
- Fortuna's Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Locatelli grated cheese to top
- Heat 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil in a pan along with a chopped cloves of garlic and crushed pepper.
- When the oil begins to sizzle, add 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley. Do not burn garlic to avoid a bitter taste.
- Add 1 pint of halved cherry tomatoes and, after a few minutes, add a half to full ladleful of the pasta cooking water.
- Strain the pasta once cooked al dente, transfer it into the pan, and finish cooking it in the sauce.
- Top with chopped basil and a light sprinkling of Locatelli grated cheese.
Suggestions: You can add chopped pancetta while cooking the garlic or add pitted olives of your choice when adding the tomatoes.